Buy our chicken farming book
My book is Mnelisi's Guid to raising chickens. its available both in English and Isizulu. My chicken farming book covers the following content.
- Understanding Farming Terms
Commercial Poultry ProductionWe look at the commercial poultry production and see exatly what is a Commercial Poultry Production?
Deep litter systemWhat is a deep litter system? what do we need it? what are the advantages and disadvantages of the deeplitter system.
Battery CageWhat is battrey cagged system, what do we need it? what are the advantages and disadvantages of the battrey cagged system.
Free range chickensWe look at free range chickens. Why are the advantages of the free range system.
Organic egg productionWe look at the organic egg production system.
Pastured ChickensFinally we look at Pastured chickens, what exatly are pastured chickens?
- Tool for your farm
This chapter lists all the both tools and equipment that you need to start your chicken farming. Tools will differ per farm. Tool for chicken farm includes
- Egg candler for looking inside the egg
- Red buld - chicken farm must have a red bulb so that chickens can see feed and be able to sleep well at the same time
- Laying nest - this is a next for layers
- kill cone - this is for slaughtering chickens
- more equipments and tools on the book
- Chicken diseases - We covered the most common chicken diseases and symptoms :
- Fowl Pox
- Pecking and Cannibalism
- Infectious Coryza
- Marek's disease
- Egg bound
- and more chickens diseases on the book
- Feeding chickens - The following chicken feed types are covered on the book:
Below are the feed types for poultry from chicks to old chickens.
- Pre- Starter Feed
- Starter Feed or Start crumbles
- Grit 20
- Oyster shells 20
- Grower feed
- Worms Feed
- Layer Feed
- Broiler feed
- Finisher feed
- Scratch Grains
- All-purpose Food
- Food that is not good for chickens
WaterChicken water, we cover on why water is important to your chickens. What happens if your chickens are not getting enough clean water. We cover methonds of testing and cleaning chicken water.
- Layers section
- Fertile eggs
- Chickens eating eggs
- A cock egg
- Good layers
- Egg Box
- Dual-purpose chickens
- Forced Molting
- Cross Breed
- Chicken shelter
- House planning
- Chicks 101
- Chicken farming as a business
- Business Talk
- Business purpose
- Laws and rules
To Buy my chicken farming book send a whatsapp to 074 769 3829